Saturday, November 5, 2011

What to Write.

Trying to think of something to write.
Sitting here wondering with all of my might.
I puzzle and ponder 'til my brain starts to hurt.
I stare at the screen, gnawing my shirt.
Where are my ideas, where did they go?
I hope they come soon, like a lightning show.
Falling like rain and soothing to read.
That's what I like, that's what I need.
A raincloud of thoughts to put down on paper.
If only I had a mental thought shaper.
I could be a master of pencil and pen.
Writing things like this times ten.
A read chalk full of meaning to some.
To others just a squashed bug under thumb.
But I write for me, to see what I'm thinking.
To make me feel better, and not feel like I'm shrinking. 
Get those gears turning, let's write something down.
Light up a smile, git rid of the frown.
What can I write, what can I say.
I guess I'll find out by the end of today.
Well whadda ya know, I got something here.
And at the end of it all I see there was nothing to fear.

No comments:

Post a Comment